Sunday, July 17, 2011

A s w e e t v i c t o r y

Hello there. Nina is back! I know I have been missing for quite a while J but I warned you guys before, so... no hard feeling alright? I started SWOT vac around mid June, finished my exams around early July, and I’ve been busy ever since with my netball tournament. Have I told you that we won GOLD? Yes, we did! I went to Melbourne for about a week for the tournament. It’s called the National Conference Games (NCG’s) and organized by the Malaysian Students Council of Australia (MASCA) and was held from the 4th July to the 7th July. I also represented SA for badminton and futsal, but no luck for us this year. J
Okay, let me get straight to the point. What you are about to read is a compilation of work from the past few months. There were more, but I’m showing the ones where I was able to take a photo. I baked pavlova when I was on my rural clinical placement in Whyalla, double chocolate chips cookies were made during SWOT vac, and recently... traditional Malaysian cake “kek lapis” also known as layered cake.
If anyone is wondering what pavlova is, feel free to open your google browser and type “pavlova”. Gheeee :D The only reason why I baked pavlova the other day was 1) it was damn easy, 2) I needed to get rid of my extra egg whites 3) I wanted to try it since it is a traditional Australian dessert. It turned out good. Some of my friends seemed to like it. As for me, I think it is too sweet :P Ouw, and here is the recipe.
Double chocolate chip cookies were specially made using a recipe from a cook book, which I got as my birthday present from my lovely boyfriend. Thank you Bunny! If anyone is interested with the recipe, I can put it up for you guys, but at the moment, I am just too lazy to type the whole lot out, maybe I should take a picture instead. Haha.
Last but not least, my favorite traditional Malaysian cake – layered cake! We used to eat this cake during the Eid celebration at my aunt’s house, when I was small. It is indeed one of my sweet childhood memories *sobbing*. Dear aunt, if you are reading this, I miss you, and your homey house at Hartamas. I also miss your hospitality every time we went to visit you. Here is the recipe. It requires a lot of patience, but trust me, it is all worth it.
Yeay! I’m done writing. Now for the pictures... look up for the headings guys, I’ll make sure it is clear for you guys to follow the sequence. Enjoy, till then! XO!

Pavlova



Double Chocolate Chip cookies


(365 Dish A Day 2007 Parragon)




Layered cake









p/s: nothing beats these moments! > <


::Credits to photographer Farina Ismail::


4 comments:

  1. nina..nazira here.huhu.please update slalu.love to see ur workpiece. :) such talent,dun let it go to waste.make money from ur blog as well.hehehe.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. najilaaa! gheee, thank you! :D I will insyallah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nina..i promote ur blog!hope ramai lg drop by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you najilaaa! :D I realized suddenly I got alot of ppl coming from your blog, I knew something was happening over thre, heeee :D thanks again! indeed you have a lot of die-hard-fans!

    ReplyDelete